Sunday, July 13, 2014

Samism: Language

TheKids_July2014_ 169We’ve had a few little chats about different languages with the boys lately. One of them they were asking what languages they can take in high school (they can take Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino or French) and it has been interesting…Nathan later declared that he was taking Korean and Danny just giggled. Here is Sam’s take on the conversation which continued last night…

Sam: Mom, I know what language I’m taking in high school!

Mom (me): Oh yeah? What?

Sam: English.

Mom: English? Of course you’re taking English; it’s required to graduate.

Sam: Why is it required to graduate?

Mom: Because they want to you speak and write well.

Sam: But I already speak English: Taco, Tortilla, Torta….

LOL!

I was dying. It was so funny. So, so, so funny. I guess that is what happens when you grow up in Southern California?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails