Friday, May 11, 2012

I am a Latter-day Saint


Yesterday while I was reading the latest conference addresses during SSR at school :) I found this quote that I felt was perfect to describe me and many people like me.

President Boyd K. Packer said in his talk, “Guided by the Holy Spirit
A Latter-day Saint is quite an ordinary individual….We are taught to be in the world but not of the world.17 Therefore, we live ordinary lives in ordinary families mixed in with the general population.
We are taught not to lie or steal or cheat.18 We do not use profanity. We are positive and happy and not afraid of life.
We are “willing to mourn with those that mourn … and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places.”19
If someone is looking for a church that requires very little, this is not the one. It is not easy to be a Latter-day Saint, but in the long run it is the only true course.
Isn’t that great?

p.s. While Daddy was at the Civil War Camp-o-ree with the scouts the boys and I ventured out tonight and went to Disneyland. We had a great time and even stayed long enough to see the World of Color which got lots of oohs and ahhhs from the boys. It was so fun and so many people were so excited to see me out with the boys and were so nice! I am soooo enjoying having our passes and plan to go a few more times before the summer!

1 comment:

Jen Kesler said...

I love the quote! I am really enjoying reading through all the talks from april conference. Good stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails