Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My New Garden! :)

So, both of my sisters think that I'm crazy to want a big garden in the back, but Sammy, Thad and I love fruits & veggies, and I am excited to say that we finally got 4 of our raised planters in. We got two in before Nathan's surgery but then got waylaid until this week! So, I researched it a bit as soon as Thad gave me the thumbs-up, and I decided to do raised-beds and he offered to build them as long as I helped fill them up. I will say that I was a little discouraged after the first one (it took forever to dig out, put chicken wire in to keep the gophers out, fill up with dirt/potting soil, and then plant) but they did get easier (especially when we took the kids to a friend's house to finish the third and fourth planters). Here are my pictures--I am very proud of them and can't wait to enjoy the fruits/veggies! We hope to add 4 more planters...

First...a before picture...

Planter # 1 - TOMATOES :) 1/2 Cherry 1/2 Beefsteak and Better Boy
Planter # 2 - Cantaloupes (2) and a Watermelon

Planter # 3 - Cucumbers (3), Green Bell Peppers, Jalapenos (to make salsa!), and Sweet Yellow Banana Peppers
Planter # 4 - STRAWBERRIES! :) Yummy... and one is almost ready for Sammy boy to eat!

1 comment:

Jen Kesler said...

Awesome job on the garden! Let me know how everything turns out!! YUM!

Related Posts with Thumbnails