Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Gum" by Sammy

Sammy is quite infatuated with gum now and has gotten his hands on some at Grandma's house before and quickly chewed and then swallowed it. He knows that he's "too little" for it now but that when he's bigger (like 8 or 10 he'd say) then he'll get to chew it. It sparks lots of discussion though about others chewing gum (like the mission-nawries or teenagers who he thinks, funny enough, are still "little" kids) but he often brings it up with me.

The other day we were chatting and he asked me if I liked gum. I responded, "no, it's gross!" Too many years of teaching high school and watching kids, and adults, chomp like cows has made it more than something that I dislike--it's now something that is close to abhorrence. Sammy thought for a second and then said, "well, Heavenly Father likes gum, and He thinks that it's delicious!"

Boy do I love that kid!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I LOVE that response! Too cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails