Monday, June 18, 2012

Recipe: Fumi Salad

FumiSalad 003_croppedIt is definitely summer salad time...Thad and I have been eating this one a lot and I added some good old avocado to it and I think that it made it even better! Hooray for summer and cheap(er) avocados! YUM!

Anyway, I thought I'd share in case you haven't tried Fumi Salad yet.

Fumi Salad

Salad + Topping:

1 head cabbage – shredded
8 TBs. slivered almonds
8 TBS. sesame seeds, toasted
4 green onions – slivered and chopped
2 pkg. Top Ramen noodles – broken apart (I like to put them on the floor and carefully step on them with my shoes on--I used to break them apart with my fingers (ouch)--others use a meat tenderizer but I don't have one!)

Dressing:

4 TBS. sugar
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
6 Tbs. rice vinegar
1 c. vegetable or canola oil

Mix cabbage and onions. JUST BEFORE SERVING add almonds, sesame seeds, and top ramen noodles.

Mix together sugar, pepper, salt, rice vinegar and oil to make dressing. JUST BEFORE SERVING pour dressing over salad and mix well.

*Optional add in: 1 or 2 ripe avocados diced; stir in carefully before serving. I think that they take Fumi salad to a new level! YUM-O!

*Sometimes I divide both the cabbage mix AND the dressing into halves or fourths and mix only a small amount at one time since the noodles wilt if they sit in the dressing very long.

1 comment:

cindy said...

You can also put the noodles in a Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin. We make this salad, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails