Monday, November 14, 2011

What’s in a due date?

SamsPics_Nov2012_ 010So I was officially due today. What does that mean anyway? I think that my kids at school thought that I would either a) be in the hospital, b) give birth in class or c) already have had the baby. I on the other hand am not too surprised with the fact that I am sitting here comfortably typing up a little blog post since Sammy was over a week late, Nathan arrived comfortably on his due date and Danny was five days late. (P.S. This picture was taken by Sammy boy but it is the most current one I have…I was busy inputting my quarter grades on the laptop while watching the boys play on the lawn!)

It has been interesting to hear the comments this pregnancy. Last pregnancy I had lots of negative comments from people about how many kids I was having (weird I thought since I was only on number 3) but this time I have had less negative comments about the number and actually less people apologize for me having my fourth boy and more people saying things like, “oh, my boys were so much easier” or “I know someone with all boys too!” It is also always very interesting to hear when walking across campus or down the hall at church one person say, “oh you look like you’re going to burst” and then 30 seconds later hear, “oh you look like you still have 1-2 months to go”. I think that it depends on what I’m wearing too…some outfits definitely make me look more pregnant! Either way I am grateful to be tall because it has got to be easier for me than for someone a foot shorter than me, I mean, really, where on earth do they stick the baby?? I feel bad just looking at some of them! I’m also very grateful for a strong, healthy body! Besides the normal heartburn, nausea, and exhaustion at times I think that I’ve got this pregnancy thing down!

With all that said he should be here sometime soon. My parents are in Cabo (remember last time they were in China) and are hoping that boy #4 is late like his brothers since they’ll be back on Saturday. Luckily I’m surrounded by lots of family and good friends!

Anyway…I really should get back to getting ready in case this baby decides to come before this Saturday. I have things “packed” but not really…maybe I’m getting too lazy…or too comfy…but I am getting excited to see this new little guy and welcome him into our family. What will he look like? What will his name be? What will the boys think? Will I know I’m in labor and make it to the hospital?

Stay tuned for more news later this week and enjoy the pictures!

Boy #1 – My skinny one Sammy who weighed in at 7 lbs 8 oz (since the others were 9 lbs 4 oz and 9 lbs 5 oz)

Sammy_skinnyh[11]

Boy #2 – Cute and cuddly Nate Nate

Nathan_newborn3[10]

Boy # 3 – Little brother Danny-- I like this one because I can see how little Nate was back then.

NateDanny

And just for kicks…an old family picture!Family[20]

3 comments:

{Jason and Elan} said...

I am so excited for you! Hopefully the baby comes soon, for your sake!

Jen Kesler said...

Sending you good labor vibes! I hope he waits til your Mom and Dad get back into town! Can't wait to see the pics. You guys have such cute boys!!:)

Joy said...

Since you're past your due date, I'm pretty sure your placenta previa resolved itself? Anyways, I'm sending you good labor vibes! I hope labor and delivery goes smoothly. Keep us updated!

Related Posts with Thumbnails