Nathan turned five last week but I wanted to document a little about him.
- He doesn’t like to be called Nate or Nathanael, and definitely not Nathanael James, and if you do he’ll tell you, “I’m just Nathan”
- He loves Transitional Kindergarten with Mrs. MacInnis!
- He loves grapes, mini wheats, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, oatmeal, and macaroni and cheese!
- He’s a big five year old, 100% height/weight
- He is very goofy and has a favorite maroon sweater that he finally got to wear today to school since it was raining and he was so excited!
- He asks the same questions over and over and over and over again maybe trying to get a different answer?
- He might be left handed but when he does his school work and drawing he still switches back and forth.
- He loves the colors green and orange (and any other favorite colors that Sammy has).
- He’s very stubborn and when he doesn’t want to do something he might have to be lifted and moved which is quite difficult since he’s so big/heavy! Sigh.
- He still suffers from breath-holding spells when he gets really hurt or is really, really, angry.
- He loves his brothers but he’s so clumsy (like me) that it worries me when he tries to carry Benny around.
- He has a favorite friend at school named Adrian.
- He loves bike riding, riding his brother’s scooter and playing in the dirt, mud and water.
- He’s very sensitive (which Sammy takes advantage of)
- He loves to help me in the kitchen! (He decorated the cake above and told me what to write)
- He wants everything to be fair! And exactly fair at that! Minutes. Portions.
- He loves Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars.
- When he gets scared during a movie he runs and hides around the corner (if we’re at home) or just hides his face until “it’s safe”
- He has the biggest smile and best hugs.
Here are some pictures to enjoy!
Here is some of his art work from school.
On Big Thunder Mountain – he loves it, not sure why he covers his ears though…he is very sensitive to loud noises!
He got to bring Brownie Sunny home from class and they had a blast!
At school on his birthday with his big brother!
Dole Pineapple Whip for his birthday treat that he shared with Mommy! It was good (my first time) but I like the ones that I make with our blender even more although they’re worse for you since I use 2 scoops of ice cream!
We love you Nathan! We’re glad that you are part of our family! We are glad that we got to spend the afternoon with you at Disneyland like you wanted!