Thursday, December 6, 2012

Disneyland: A Magical Night

TheBoys_December2012_ 016I forgot to mention the best part of last night's adventure at Disneyland!
I always try to bring snacks with us so that it doesn't cost us anything but somehow most of the snacks didn't make it into the backpack and the boys were really hungry! When we got off the Storybook Boat Ride I smelled fresh popcorn and wandered over to see how much it was--I saw it was only $4 so I thought, okay, we can do this, they can share one and it won't cost us too much. We waited patiently in line (well, I waited and the boys ran up to the front of the line and watched the popcorn up close; the people in front of me were nice although after a few minutes they did ask where their mom was and luckily I was close by!)
It was almost our turn but we had to wait for some more popcorn to be popped. Sammy was busy reading and explaining to the boys the different sizes: the small, $4, the medium with a plastic souvenir cup, $6 and then the oohs and ahhs came when they saw the deluxe Santa Mickey, but when Sammy said the price, $12, they all agreed it was a lot of money and sighed. I think that they were just happy that we were even getting popcorn! :)
The new round of popcorn finally finished popping and the lady in front of us ordered a medium popcorn and a deluxe Mickey Mouse filled with popcorn and the boys were so excited for her! Then, she turned and spoke to them:
I know that you shouldn’t take food from strangers but since your mom is here maybe you can ask her if it’s okay for you to have this (and she handed them a Santa Mickey full of hot, delicious popcorn).
I stammered and said “yes, of course” and she replied with “Merry Christmas” and went on to where ever she was headed. I started crying because I couldn’t believe a stranger could be so sweet. Little Danny asked me if I was sad to which I replied, “no, just really happy”. Thank you to whomever you are. You made four little boys really happy and a touched a mommy’s heart!
TheBoys_December2012_ 023
p.s. here are a few more pics from the night…We made cookies, saw Mrs. Claus, went on the carousel and more!
p.p.s They published my story on the Disney Insider Newsletter on disney.go.com. Tee hee! :D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails