Friday, May 23, 2008

My three day weekend... :D

So, Thad, Sammy, and Nathan just jumped in the van with Grandma and Grandpa Marcroft to head to Utah for a baby blessing. My sister Cathy is 38 weeks pregnant and my parents are leaving for China tomorrow, her mother-in-law is still in Utah helping with the last grandbaby, so I am here holding down the fort, the dog, and making sure that she is okay and that I'm here if she needs me. Thad wanted to know if I wanted to keep the kids or if I wanted him to take them...I figured that Sammy would have more fun with the cousins, then I had to decide about the baby...but by then my brain was reeling with ideas of what I could get done without kids. He said that he'd take them both and here is my list of things to get done by Monday night: catch up on my grades, write my quizzes for next week, clean out the cars, clean up our junk at my mom's, clean up the living room and the kitchen at our house to get ready for the new floor, clean up and sort stuff in our bedroom, and take care of my garden and my mom's garden. Oh yeah, and I bought a ticket to see the school play tomorrow night and I don't have to get the kids down before I leave, or even have to get a sitter! But the best part....is....that I can sleep and NOT get up in the middle of the night to feed a baby or change a diaper and I haven't done that in over 7 long months. Yes, I will miss them, but they'll only be gone till Monday night...and I will cherish them even more when they're home again!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails