Thursday, May 8, 2008

Nemo and the fish tank...

So the other day Cathy, Lizzie, Jared, Grandma, Grandpa, Sammy, Nathan and I went to my high school's "Don Fiesta" mini fair/carnival. It was small, but the perfect size for Sam and Liz, they had a blast. It was fun to see my school kids there and they were excited to see my children and nieces/nephews! One of my kids handed Sammy a bag with two goldfish in it (I specifically hadn't gone to the fish booth) but once he had them there wasn't any going back! He immediately named them Nemo and Dory and we took them home with us. Sammy was super excited! The only trouble was that when we walked in Sammy noticed that Nemo was sleeping. Uh-oh! When I got him to bed I became one of those moms. I couldn't have Sammy wake up in the morning and have Nemo dead and gone so Thad and I ran out to Wal-Mart to replace the goldfish before he noticed! We grabbed another "Nemo" as well as a tank, rocks, plants etc. The new goldfish was only 28 cents but we ended up spending an extra $25 as well! Too bad Dory died a few days later... At least Nemo is still alive and well!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails