Sunday, November 25, 2007

My first week back to work :(

So...it finally happened. It was inevitable I guess...I am a working mom! :)? So, last Sunday I was dreading the next morning, a little excited to see my school kids, but already sad thinking about leaving my boys, and definitely sad about the lost sleep and having to "fake" being awake and ready to teach at 7:40 am! LOL. I have wanted to put a few things up here but it's been crazy to say the least, so here's a run down...
Monday...back to school--not too bad overall, but a long day. There is a meeting after school (yuck) but Sam's asleep and Nathan stays asleep in his car seat until the meeting is adjourned (phew)
Tuesday...I wake up at 4:30am with a swollen/hard breast and I'm in MAJOR pain...want to cry..feed Nathan...pump...feed...pump...feed etc...go to work, start having chills, fever, aches realize it's Mastisis (double yuck) and have to go to the doctor...then I have to figure out how to get the boys down when I am feeling so awful!! I want MY MOM!
Wednesday...still sick and working, and the medicine they've given me is making me sick to my stomach and to make matters work I can't eat when I take it (I have to take it way before or way after eating---dumb!) I'm still in pain, and still feeling sick...the medicine is starting to work...I go to my mom's to pick up the boys and pass out there and Thad ends up coming over to spend the night there too!
Thursday-Happy Turkey Day...I'm feeling a lot better. No work today thank goodness! I cook with my mom (I really enjoy doing that) to help get ready for the family shindig. We make soda cracker pie (a family tradition--yummy), some jello/cool whippy salad, and green bean casserole, and then Thad arrives and we make Derby pie (our new Marcroft tradition). We went to the Marcrofts and eat, and then over to my brother's house and eat again! Sam misses his nap and is super hyper and goes to bed late. I am glad that I don't have to work on Friday. :)
Friday-We lazy around, Thad hits Home Depot and Lowes for sales (he really should get paid he's there so often) and then we lazyaround some more!
Saturday-Hmm...what did I do Saturday? Oh, I remember, finally felt good enough to get things done and cleaned up the mess that accumulated during the week!

Anyway...Sam did some cute things, and Nathan too, but I don't remember them now! Ugh. I do want to stick a few pics from Turkey Day here...Nathan is cooing a bunch and will smile and talk back to you (it's quite fun, Sam wasn't a big coo-er). Sam is just getting more fun every day. He loves to go to Nursery and on the way home started singing Jesus Wants Me for A Sunbeam -- I heard "Sunbeam, Sunbeam" in the backseat. It was cute!

P.S. Here is a pic of most of the Driggs grandkids (except 17 month old Ashley who was too tired, and Nathan who was asleep or eating?!) Lizzie/Jared, Natalie/Cameron, and Sammy!
More Turkey Day Pics-Click Here

1 comment:

Jen Kesler said...

Don't know how you do it all, Woman! Keep up the good work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails