I am still licking my lips from the chocolate peanut butter smoothie/shake that was left over after I sacrificed my time to make for one Thaddeus and his young helper who were suffering through the heat outside. I made a double batch and froze half in some little popsicle molds I got at the grocery store (even if I do have my eye on this set or this set on at Amazon…maybe one day) gave some to the boys and had a small cup for myself. Then I thought to myself…yum…and then, hey, others should know about this recipe! And that it freezes nicely too (if you’re a Fudgesicle fan you’ll love these!) So here it goes:
- 1 cup plain yogurt (vanilla works too!)
- 2 Tbs. peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk (coconut, regular milk or almond milk)
- 2 frozen bananas, cut into large chunks (or you could use one banana and ice to your liking ~ 8 ice cubes; with two bananas you can definitely taste the banana but if you’re not a banana lover stick to more ice and less banana!)
- 2 slightly rounded tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tsp sugar (or you can be healthier and use maple syrup or raw honey or agave)
- Toss all the ingredients into your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- To make popsicles pour into mold, freeze and enjoy!
p.s. this picture actually shows some fruity popsicle concoction since I keep forgetting to take finished pictures of the chocolate pops! :)