Friday, August 10, 2012

Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie (or frozen chocolate popsicles!)

TheBoys_August2012_ 106I am still licking my lips from the chocolate peanut butter smoothie/shake that was left over after I sacrificed my time to make for one Thaddeus and his young helper who were suffering through the heat outside. I made a double batch and froze half in some little popsicle molds I got at the grocery store (even if I do have my eye on this set or this set on at Amazon…maybe one day) gave some to the boys and had a small cup for myself. Then I thought to myself…yum…and then, hey, others should know about this recipe! And that it freezes nicely too (if you’re a Fudgesicle fan you’ll love these!) So here it goes:

I adapted the recipe to our liking but found the original here at Musings of a Housewife


  • 1 cup plain yogurt (vanilla works too!)
  • 2 Tbs. peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup milk (coconut, regular milk or almond milk)
  • 2 frozen bananas, cut into large chunks (or you could use one banana and ice to your liking ~ 8 ice cubes; with two bananas you can definitely taste the banana but if you’re not a banana lover stick to more ice and less banana!)
  • 2 slightly rounded tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 3 tsp sugar (or you can be healthier and use maple syrup or raw honey or agave)


  1. Toss all the ingredients into your blender.
  2. Blend until smooth.
  3. Serve immediately.
  4. To make popsicles pour into mold, freeze and enjoy!

TheBoys_August2012_ 084

p.s. this picture actually shows some fruity popsicle concoction since I keep forgetting to take finished pictures of the chocolate pops! :)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

That looks delicious Allison! I'm going to make it for my dad while we are visiting. He loves this kind of smoothie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails