Friday, August 10, 2012

Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie (or frozen chocolate popsicles!)

TheBoys_August2012_ 106I am still licking my lips from the chocolate peanut butter smoothie/shake that was left over after I sacrificed my time to make for one Thaddeus and his young helper who were suffering through the heat outside. I made a double batch and froze half in some little popsicle molds I got at the grocery store (even if I do have my eye on this set or this set on at Amazon…maybe one day) gave some to the boys and had a small cup for myself. Then I thought to myself…yum…and then, hey, others should know about this recipe! And that it freezes nicely too (if you’re a Fudgesicle fan you’ll love these!) So here it goes:

I adapted the recipe to our liking but found the original here at Musings of a Housewife

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup plain yogurt (vanilla works too!)
  • 2 Tbs. peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup milk (coconut, regular milk or almond milk)
  • 2 frozen bananas, cut into large chunks (or you could use one banana and ice to your liking ~ 8 ice cubes; with two bananas you can definitely taste the banana but if you’re not a banana lover stick to more ice and less banana!)
  • 2 slightly rounded tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 3 tsp sugar (or you can be healthier and use maple syrup or raw honey or agave)

Instructions:

  1. Toss all the ingredients into your blender.
  2. Blend until smooth.
  3. Serve immediately.
  4. To make popsicles pour into mold, freeze and enjoy!

TheBoys_August2012_ 084

p.s. this picture actually shows some fruity popsicle concoction since I keep forgetting to take finished pictures of the chocolate pops! :)

1 comment:

Mel said...

That looks delicious Allison! I'm going to make it for my dad while we are visiting. He loves this kind of smoothie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails